Dear Parents and Guardians,
The 2015-16 school year will end on Tuesday, June 28, 2016. We would like to thank all our families for your continued support throughout the school year. I would like to bring your attention to the following important information.
- On Tuesday, June 28, 2016, students will be dismissed at 12:00 PM. Lunch will be provided before dismissal. Since this is the last day of school, please remind your child to take home all their personal belonging.
- Students will receive their report cards on Tuesday, June 28. Make sure that your child attend school on Tuesday, June 28. Next school year’s class assignment information is not provided at this time because significant adjustment of classes will be made over the summer due to NYSESLAT results and June admissions/discharges. You will be notified through mail by Saturday, September 3, 2016 of your child’s class assignment, classroom teacher, and other back-to-school information. If your address is changed over the summer, please notify us. The school’s administrative staff will be available Monday, August 29 through Friday, September 2, 2016.
- All current grades K-4 students will receive a Summer Workbook on Monday, June 27 to help them reinforce essential reading and math skills and prepare them for the next grade. All students are required to complete the summer work before they return to school in September. They will be required to submit their completed work to their next year’s teacher. Students, who have not completed the summer homework by September 8, 2016, will be asked to make up their work during recess time of the first 3 weeks. Please encourage your child to complete the summer work.
- Through the School-based Option, the school’s teacher union and I have proposed the following school hours for the 2016-2017 school year, which is the same as the current year. 2016 -2017 School Year Breakfast begins at 7:30 AM for early arriving children. Other children will have their breakfast in the classroom if they need one.
- 8:40 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- Regular School Hours:
- The first school day of 2016-17 school year will be Thursday, September 8, 2016.
- A supply list for each grade has been posted at the school website under “Parents”. Please purchase the listed items for your child and have him/her bring the items to school in September.
- For parents of grades 3-5, you can find out your child’s state test results by visit your NYC Parent Account. The password for your account is your child’s student ID, which can be found on your child’s report card. You may find the link to the account on our school’s website under “Parents”. If you have not opened an account this year, then you will need to come to see Ms. Aby in September.
- I hope all families have planned and will have a fun-filled summer. Make sure that your child read extensively in the summer. Take them to museums, the library, parks, and other educational or cultural institutions.
Have a happy, safe, and healthy summer!
Tony Wu, Principal
With the end of the school year just around the corner, I would like to remind you some of the important dates:
Wednesday, June 1
Fifth grade senior trip to see Matilda
Friday, June 3
Fifth grade senior dance
Monday, June 6
Grade 4 NYS Science Written Test
Thursday, June 9
Chancellor’s Conference Day – school closed for students
Friday, June 10
Orientation for Incoming Kindergarten
Tuesday, June 14
Clerical Day- school closed for students
Wednesday, June 15
Lion King Evening Performance (7:00 PM)
Friday, June 17
Ribbon Cutting: P.S. 170 Addition (9:30 AM)
Wednesday, June 22
PTA meeting/ESL through the Theater Arts Performance (9:00 AM)
Thursday, June 23
Kindergarten Stepping Up Ceremony*
Friday, June 24
Fifth grade graduation (9:00 AM at PS 170!)*
Tuesday, June 28
Last day of school (half day)
This is a change from the original date to avoid a conflict with the graduation date of McKinley Middle School.